Madeira | Mountain Bike Cross Country
Mountain Bike Cross Country
Find out why Madeira is one of the best mountain biking destinations. If you have a day or two in Madeira and you’re looking for something different and unique join us for a ride. Bike tours are available on a daily basis
Price: per day
- 85 ( With bike rental)
- 65 (Without bike rental)
Duration: Full day
Difficulty Level: Intermediate and advanced
Age: To make a booking you must be 18 years or over. Parents or legal guardians must authorise the participation on our tours/rentals.
(Minimum: 2 Pax)
With bike rental:
- High quality mountain bike;
- Protective gear.
Without bike rental:
Does not Include:
- Personal Accident insurance ( available as an extra);
- Meals( available as an extra).
What to expect:
- Full day riding with Freeride Madeira shuttle from office or your accommodation in Funchal (we don’t do pick-ups outside Funchal) to the mountains where we start our tours.
- Includes another shuttle from the finish area back to the office or your accommodation in Funchal.
- Average of 40km / 500hm – 1000hm UP / 1000hm – 1500hm DOWN
- All riding days are adapted according to the group experience and includes singletracks, mix of fire roads and dirt roads, levadas
- Driver and guide at your disposal
Download the program, here
- Bookings can be made by phone or email.
- After booking details and conditions are accepted by both parts, a non refundable deposit of 30% of the total amount is required to secure your reservation.
- Deposits are used by us to enter into the contractual arrangements on your behalf and are non refundable.
- If the booking is made by email, you will receive our bank details to make the deposit. Bank transfer is the only method we accept when booking from abroad.
- When you make the deposit you agree to accept all these conditions and when we accept your booking we agree to carry out our obligations.
- When we get the deposit in our account, a email and invoice will be sent to you.
- We limit the size of our groups to a maximum of 7 riders and a minimum of 2.
- to make a booking you must be 18 years or over. Parents or legal guardians must authorise the participation on our tours/rentals.
- If you need the deposit or payment invoice to be issued for each individual of your group, you must inform us and provide the correct names.
- We strongly advise you not to incur any non-refundable incidental expenses, e.g. flights, before we have secured your booking with us.
- We don’t offer bike storage facilities due to limited space. Make sure the accommodation you book allows you to store your bike. If you need emergency bike storage from us a daily fee may be charged.
- Balance must be payed before your first tour/rental starts, with no exceptions.
- By failing to pay the balance before the start of your tour/rental, we reserve the right to cancel your tour and no deposit refund will be made.
- Payments can be made in cash in our shop or by bank transfer, no other method of payment is available. When making a bank transfer, proof of payment is required.
- If you are the first among other clients to make a deposit to secure your place, we stop selling that place. Cancelling your tour will leave a empty seat that we could have sold. That is why we don’t refund payments if you cancel.
- If you cancel your booking no deposit or prepayment will be refunded.
- If you cancel any part of a booking because of illness, injury, uncomfortable weather conditions or mechanical problems on your own bike, you will get no refund.
- If you want to change riding days after your tours have started, you must send us a email to check availability.
- Airport pick up times are between 9.00 – 20.00 hrs. Any pick up out of this range will have an extra charge of 20EUR.
- We will always try our best to avoid delays, cancelling or amending a trip, however, we reserve the right to change the itinerary advertised for any booking, at any time and for any reason, such as adverse weather conditions, forestry operations and other seasonal activities.
- The Company reserves the right to cancel any of the tours if the published minimum group size is not reached. In this case you will get a full refund. We accept no liability for compensation beyond this refund.
- In the event of circumstances that force us to cancel a trip you will be offered an alternative trip, or a full refund of any deposit or prepayment you have made.
- We are not liable for any additional expenses you incur through cancellation, amendments or unforeseen delays in circumstances where cancellation is due to external events outside our reasonable control. You will get a full refund in this case.
- It is fundamental that you accept certain activities such as mountain biking can be hazardous and may involve elements of risk, and that you take personal responsibility for your own actions.
- We take no responsibility for damage, death or injury caused to you or by you as a result of participation.
- You must at all times participate within your own ability and always wear approved safety equipment, a Mountain Bike helmet, knee and elbow pads.
- You must confirm that you are fit to participate in your chosen activity and that you have informed us of any medical conditions affecting your participation in the activity.
- You agree that you are fully responsible for the bike.
- You agree to provide the correspondent safety deposit for the rented bike/s, €100 or €150 per bike.
- You agree to pay for any damage caused to the bike whilst it is in your care, even if damage cost is higher than the safety deposit. Should the bike be stolen whilst in your care you will be required to pay for reimbursing for the original price of the bike plus accessories provided.
- Bikes are maintained on a daily basis. It is the responsibility of the client to check the bike at the store BEFORE setting out on any ride.
- Clients are advised to take out adequate insurance to cover themselves.
- We offer personal accident insurance for an extra payment.
- No bicycle insurance is available.
- I am voluntarily participating in this tour with the knowledge of the numerous risks and dangers involved, or any other actions, omissions, or conditions outside the control of the company.
- I agree to be responsible for my own welfare and assume all of the above risks, including those known and unknown to me.
- I expressly release, discharge and hold harmless forever Freeride Madeira, their owners, employees, affiliated entities, employees, agents, representatives, associates, volunteers, successors and assigns from and against any liability, actions, causes of actions, debts, suits, claims and demands of any and every kind and nature whatsoever which I now have or which may hereafter arise out of or in connection with my tour or participation in the activities arranged for me by the company.
- I agree that the terms of this agreement shall serve as a complete release and express assumption of risk for myself, all members of my family and all minors traveling with me.
- We reserve the right to update and/or alter these terms and conditions at any time.
- Amazing sceneries;
- Full day of riding with shuttle service;
- Average of 35km / 2000hm DOWN / 300hm UP;
- Driver and guide at your disposal.