For Intertours , it is a commitment to maintain the health and safety of employees and customers. This internal protocol serves to inform the hygiene and safety measures defined and adopted internally, in the facilities, in the procedures with customers and in the selection of suppliers and business partners.
- Individual Protection Procedures
Basic precautions for infection prevention and control are complied with, in accordance with the General Health Directorate, including the following procedures:
- Hand hygiene, wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use hand sanitizer that has at least 70% alcohol, covering all surfaces of your hands and rubbing them until dry.
- Respiratory etiquette: cough or sneeze into the flexed forearm or use a tissue, which should then be immediately thrown away; always wash your hands after coughing or sneezing and after blowing your nose; avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth with hands.
- Social conduct: change the frequency and form of contact between workers and between them and customers, avoiding (when possible) close contact, handshakes, kisses, shared work stations, face-to-face meetings and sharing of food, utensils, cups and towels.
All employees received information and training on this internal protocol and comply with the following standards of conduct:
- Mandatory use of personal protective equipment (PPE), mask or visor.
- Daily self-monitoring to assess fever, check for cough or difficulty breathing.
- Compliance with the guidelines of the Directorate-General for Health for cleaning surfaces.
In the face-to-face service, customers will be asked:
– Hand hygiene at the entrance of the premises with alcohol / gel provided for this purpose.
– Mandatory use of personal protective equipment (PPE), mask or visor.
– Respect the rules of permanence in the facilities, complying with social safety distance, in accordance with the recommendations of the General Health Directorate.
- Hygiene and cleaning procedures in the premises
- Washing and disinfection of surfaces where employees and customers circulate, ensuring the control and prevention of infections and antimicrobial resistance.
- Cleaning, several times a day, of surfaces and objects in common use (including light switches, doorknobs, cabinet handles, photocopier, computer keyboard).
- Wet cleaning is preferred over dry cleaning and the use of a vacuum cleaner.
- After serving each customer, the desk will be cleaned, as well as the pens or POS terminal, if used.
- The air is renewed in closed spaces on a regular basis, by opening exterior windows, at least 3 times a day and for periods of no less than 15 minutes.
- Service organization procedures
- The maximum occupancy of the facilities will be carried out in accordance with the recommendations of the General Health Directorate.
- Display, in a visible place, information on respiratory etiquette rules.
- Posting in a visible place with unrestricted access, to local emergency contacts, such as firefighters, security forces and the SNS 24 line.
- The distribution of information within the scope of the company’s operational activity will be transmitted, preferably, and whenever possible in digital/online support.
- An employee responsible for triggering the procedures in case of suspected infection (accompanying the person with symptoms to the isolation space, providing the necessary assistance and contacting the national health service) is assigned.
- All services provided by Intertours follow the recommendations of the General Directorate of Health, as well as the Good Practices – Covid Safe tourism recommended by the Regional Secretariat for Tourism and Culture of the Autonomous Region of Madeira, namely with regard to transfers and tourist transport measures. , accommodation, tourist entertainment activities, Congress and Incentive activities, conduct in public spaces and events.
- Business Partner Supplier Selection Procedures
- To ensure the same quality of hygiene and safety throughout the chain of services provided by Intertours , compliance with internal hygiene and safety protocols is required by suppliers and partners involved in the programs and services that Intertours sells. In the selection of these partners, preference will be given to entities that have the Clean & Safe seal issued by Turismo de Portugal, as a way of certifying good hygiene and safety practices.
February 03, 2022