Madeira | Madeira Rum Masterclass
Guided tour of a sugar cane mill and a masterclass with 7 varieties of agricultural rum from Madeira
Visit one of the oldest working mills on the island, the only one in Europe to use steam as a driving force. Learn more about sugar cane, visit the factory and learn all about the rum production process. If the visit takes place in April or May, when the sugarcane harvest begins, you will be able to observe the factory in production and smell the fermentation. After the visit, the masterclass will take place where you will have the opportunity to taste 7 varieties of rum.
Prices: 15 Euros (Adults)
Duration: 1 hour
- Guided tour of the sugar cane mill, located in Porto da Cruz, with a workshop on the entire production process;
- Masterclass with tasting of 7 varieties of rum, 1 bottle of water included;
- Madeira cane honey bread tasting.
Does not include:
- Transport. It can be arranged on request and with an additional supplement.
- Tours and prices may be changed, postponed or canceled without prior notice or with a reduced notice period, due to adverse weather conditions, or other conditions beyond our control, or even for a reduced number of participants. Subject to availability at the time of booking.
- Cancellations made within 48 hours of the date will be refunded. Cancellations less than 48 hours or no-show, 100% fee will apply
- Learn all about rum production
- Find out more about sugar cane, its importance to the island and its products
- Masterclass with tasting of 7 varieties of rum
- Guided tour by the producers
- Visit the beautiful village of Porto da Cruz